Posted on: Thursday, July 2nd, 2009
From A1C Gallery:
A1C Gallery is looking for an experienced and hard-working individual to fill the part-time position of Gallery Coordinator. The Gallery Coordinator will work closely with the Board of Directors to manage the administrative and logistical aspects of A1C Gallery. Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and organizing exhibitions and events
- Communicating with exhibiting artists
- Maintaining an accurate account of financial transactions
- Promotion and publicity
- Contributing to grant proposals and reports
- Researching avenues for funding
- Installing exhibitions
- Managing the office
The successful applicant will have:
- Post-secondary education in the arts, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of contemporary art practice and the visual arts sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop, Microsoft Office, HTML and other software
Previous experience in arts administration and event coordination are highly desirable. Applicants must be flexible as this position will include work on evenings and weekends.
This is a part-time six-month position for 20hrs/week at $15/hr.
Please apply to:
Attn: Kym Greeley
8 Baird’s Cove
St. John’s NL
The deadline for applications is July 10, 2009 and the job starts in August.
Looks like an ideal way for an artist to eke out a living while having most of your time to yourself to work on your art. Granted, $200 a week (give-or-take after taxes) probably isn’t quite enough to live off of on its own, but offset that with the odd shift at somewhere like Hava Java or Folly and you’re laughing.